The Going Postal Project ended today, August 31st, 2010!
(But all other projects remain ongoing!)
Welcome to my ‘Going Postal’ zine project, which will explore the concept and interpretations of mail, postage, and related themes. I’m not sure yet exactly what shape the finished product will take, but in the meantime, I’d like to set up an ongoing exchange of ideas, documented through a series of mini-zines.
Please make and send to me any of the following:
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘postal’
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘postage stamp’
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘mail art’
N.B. Please do not send me work made by anybody other than yourself, as I will not be able to include them in my zines without the original artist’s permission.
In return, I will send you:
- a mini-zine featuring the ATC you have sent me alongside at least 2 other people’s work on the same subject.
- I may also feature your contribution in a gallery here on the blog
Do you like to trade with other crafters or artists?
I will credit all contributors in the zines I produce for this project. However, if you enjoy trading with other artists or have a retail space for your art, please fill in as many of the additional fields below as you would like, and this info will also appear alongside your work (space allowing):
- postal address*
- the inspiration for your project submission
- themes you enjoy to create and receive
- techniques you use for your creations
- what you like to trade (e.g. ATCs, artistamps, zines, dotees etc)
- other relevant info
*Asterisked fields are required. If you do not wish your email or postal address to be printed in the zine, please state ‘keep private’. Postal address is required if you wish to receive a mini-zine in exchange for your submission.
Specifications for your project submissions:
- ATCs should measure 2.5″ x 3.5″
- ATCs should be signed and dated on the reverse
- ATCs may be made using any art or craft technique; dimensional pieces and alternative materials welcome
- All submissions should be accompanied by a minimum of the 3 asterisked fields specified above