I’ve just created a new Etsy Treasury to celebrate the release of Enchanted Times #4. The treasury is made up of items by other makers, re-interpreting the same tales as appear in this issue of Enchanted Times: the Nightingale, the Emperor’s New Clothes, Rumpelstiltskin and Cinderella.
As always the bird imagery has sucked me in, so a slightly disproportionate number of items represent the Nightingale fairy tale – such as the beautiful Hanafuda card design of Nightingale and plum blossom by alterna180, and the equally stunning (but somewhat more steampunk-ish!) custom-made mechanical birds by Kimberley Hart of Monster Kookies. Both are sadly far beyond the reaches of my empty pockets, but I can still admire from afar! 😉
I was powerless to resist a bobbin of ‘gold’ spun by Rumpelstiltskin himself, in this original necklace from the Crafty Confessional (M3 Boutique). And I absolutely adore the handpainted fairytale in a matchbox, including an artistamp from the Far, Far Away Post. It is such a unique approach to presenting artwork – please check out lindasarah’s Etsy store for more wonderful & fun examples!
However, these are but a few of the cool things I discovered – please take a look at the full Enchanted Times treasury to find your own favourites!
And if you are in the mood for further Etsy browsing, here are some more treasuries which have very kindly featured TangleCrafts stuff, since the New Year, linking into all kinds of original themes!
- Too fond of books – surely there’s no such thing? 😉
- Enchanted and sweet – bedtime stories
- Mon petit Valentin... – romantic pinks & reds
- Every month something NEW – original subscriptions (not strictly monthly!)
- Birds, flowers and postal stamps – does what it says on the tin! 😉
- gossip MONKEYS! Heard it thru the grapevine – gossip, lies, and the truth you’d rather not hear!
- Mauve is one of those colours men just don’t understand – in my personal experience, this is oh so true!
- Jack and the Beanstalk – it’s panto time!