Happy days are always here, whenever a new issue of Craft Leftovers Monthly plops onto my doormat! 😀 The September issue arrived last week while I was catching up after the Bazaar, and it was lovely to finally have to sit down for a good read with it, over the weekend. 🙂
- Smitten Kitten miniature 3-dimensional knitted cat project
- miniature fabric banner project
- an interview with amigurumi queen Denise
- The Crafty Life cartoon by Fanie Gregoire
- mini tie-quilt project, how to knit in miniature
- …and quite possibly the cutest project EVER – the entire zine reproduced at doll’s house scale, for you to cut out & staple together. Genius!
This issue also features 2 projects by yours truly (previously available in my currently discontinued half-size Borrowers zine):
- how to make your own matchbox (inc. templates)
- plus a Borrower-scale rug (or mug rug) in retro waves, to cross stitch or needlepoint.
SPECIAL OFFER TO CELEBRATE THE MINIATURE THEME:
Buy your copy from the TangleCrafts Etsy Store and receive a FREE ‘mystery’ mini-zine!
Don’t forget that previous issues of Craft Leftovers Monthly are also available! The most recent 3 are available in my Etsy store, and the full range is available from the Craft Leftover Shop, including:
- August 2010 – My favourite issue to date – all about books! This issue includes: Woven & Stitched Bookmark project, an interview with Susan Angebranndt of Green Chair Press, a Library Bag to crochet, an awesomely simple fabric-covered book holder project, The Crafty Life cartoon by Fanie Gregoire, a wonderful book-cover journal project, AND a 5 page article about zine-making by me.
- SUMMER 2010 – This bumper issue features: the M.A.P. (Museum All Purpose) Bag pattern, Plaited Paper Basket mini-zine & kit, paper plate masks, a crafty city guide to Montreal by Fanie Gregoire, crafty cartoons, puzzles and reviews, lots more fun stuff and stories from Kristin, AND a mail art travel kit feature by me, to accompany Kristin’s awesome Postal Clutch.
- August 2009 – It’s all about drawing (especially for the slightly scared, like me!). Includes: how to make your own charcoal, book reviews, fold-out pattern to sew your own Pencil Wrap , & lots more inspiration.
- July 2009 – This issue was my favourite until this year’s August issue came along! July ’09 features: a block printing tutorial, all about silk screening, reviews of books about bookmaking, plus how to make your own mini-book.