I have just received my copies of the August issue of Kristin Roach’s awesome Craft Leftovers zine, and I’m honestly not just saying this, it is totally my favourite issue to date! The theme this month is books, which might help explain my appreciation. Anything which combines my two loves, crafting and reading, can only ever be a good thing!
What will you find inside?
Here are the highlights:
- Woven & Stitched Bookmark project
- an interview with Susan Angebranndt of Green Chair Press
- a Library Bag to crochet
- an awesomely simple fabric-covered book holder project
- The Crafty Life cartoon by Fanie Gregoire
- a wonderful book-cover journal project, AND…
- .…this issue also features a guest article by l’il old me – Zines! This 5 page feature gives you a little bit of history/background to the world of zines, practical advice on starting out writing your own zine, plus lots of links to zine-related resources for you to investigate further.
Be sure to check out the Craft Leftovers Blog for a regular dose of Kristin’s crafty goodness, but in celebration of this awesome book-themed issue, I am offering TangleCrafts customers an exclusive (never-before-seen-the-light-of-day) extra zine: ‘a basic booklet of bookbinding’. If you are not sure about the practicalities of binding your own zine/booklet, how to order the pages etc etc, this is a good place to start!